Friday, July 17, 2015

Two Medicine, Day Three

Got up early again, but still didn't get to Two Medicine until 7am.  The light was still gorgeous, but I'd like to see it at 5am (the sun comes up so early here).  We'll have to work on that.

On the way in, I was greeted by these beauties:



I slowed down and waited for them to move out of the road, but the actually walked into the center of the road.  These horses had a sense of humor!  Eventually they cleared on out…



Anyhow, it was a beautiful morning again, and the going early plan works great for avoiding the crowds.  Here's Mac at the parking lot at 7 am.



The light was lovely… but it was really cold out.  I stayed in Mac and observed.  Theo snored.



But things changed.   I did some people watching and mountain watching and had my breakfast.  At one point I turned around and the view had changed to this - the wind was blowing and it was frigid out there - upper forties!


Pretty wild.  People kept coming though and headed out to hike the trails…It did lighten up a little later.  I made some hot chili for lunch and did a couple sketches on watercolor paper, and plan to paint them when/if I get that perfect light.




I decided if Theo and I were going to do much hiking, we'd better pick up some bear spray.  It cost $50!  Its like a giant pepper spray…



But everyone says its a good precaution.  This t-shirt I saw sums it up!



No comments: