Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Forty five degrees

That's what the temperature is right now at 8:30 am.  Zowie.

I've really enjoyed the Emery Bay campground on the Hungry Horse reservoir.  Stayed another day and yesterday I watched the light change on the water throughout the day.  Quite nice.  Even started a few watercolors…  At one point the water became magical… I took a snapshot, and it gives a hint of it…


As I walked up to take a photo earlier in the day, I heard a strange sound from down on the water.  I  looked down and it was a loon urging her four babies to get on her back so she could swim them to safety.  I was sorry to alarm her, but thrilled to see it!

This is a slow connection today, so I'll have to post more photos later…  Also, I'm heading to the east side of Glacier National Park and so will probably lose cell reception/Internet for few days. But I'll fill you in when I get back!


No comments: