Wednesday, July 8, 2015

On my way to Glacier National Park

Theo and I high-tailed it on across eastern Washington yesterday.  Many parts of it were Theo's kind of roads - straight and flat.  There were some beautiful sections though, as when we crossed the Columbia River..


We stopped at a vista to take this shot, and I felt like someone was watching me from up on the hill behind us…I turned around:



Some pretty cool statues of horses up on the ridge.

We crossed into Idaho and I was glad to see how pretty the lake at Coeur d'Alene is.  I envisioned a campsite near it - I was heading to Beauty Creek Campground in the Coeur d'Alene national forest.



Unfortunately, when we arrived we found the creek to be completely dry, not near the lake, and all campsites in full sun on an 85 degree day.  I wasn't "feeling the love."  It was only 1:30, so I packed Theo back into Mac (he wasn't too happy about that) and we drove another 45 minutes to Farragut State Park and got a nice shady spot with water and electric and even Internet reception.  Worked out well.  



…we took a little walk through the woods.


Didn't quite make it down to the lake - too far for Theo, but he got his moment of Zen with a roll in some nice damp grass.  Ahhhh…



No comments: