Saturday, July 11, 2015

Glacier National Park

Well, I made it.  Guess I'm a little disappointed.  Its not the Glacier's fault - its the smoke from wildfires and the crowds… here was my first glimpse of a Glacier when I arrived yesterday…


I knew ahead of time that I could only take Mac the first 17 miles (because of size limits)…it was a pretty drive.

McDonald Falls


That gorgeous color again...

So I'm stopping and looking at this beautiful water, but we can't go in because dogs aren't allowed on the trails!  I did find one spot where the water was right next to the parking, so I took T in for a quick dip to cool off - it was in the 90s.  I love how his leash looks like a ribbon in the photo...



I'm going to explore the Flathead National Forest today and check out a couple of their campgrounds, they are more dog friendly.  I considered renting a car for a day to drive the entire "road to the sun" but it was soooooo crowded and today is drizzly, so I dropped the idea.  Think I'll go explore some of the spots where the locals go…

I know my friends and family worry about me a bit.  They see the news of grizzly bears and such.  I was thinking about that last night   when I looked out the window of Mac...

Grizzly bait

Now there's grizzly bait!  If I was a grizzly I'd surely go after that rather than trying to break into my steel-sided RV!  So please don't worry about it.  Tee hee.

No comments: