Another pleasant day at my aunt's in Marin county. As usual for the summer here, it started out foggy:
But it starts to burn off around 10. Here's Mt. Tamalpais as the clouds are just leaving…
Its so nice to be able to relax and paint! I don't have much to show for myself yet… here's a work in progress of my aunt's garden with Mt. Tamalpais in the background… I've started a bigger one of the Reyes Point area - nothing to show for it yet...
I found a note I had made to myself on the trip here. I was starting a "Top Ten Things I've Learned on the Trip so Far." So far I only have 5, but here ya go:
10. Despite the inconveniences, its good to bring your dog along. (Especially such a GOOD dog as Theo).
9. You know you're going slowly when you are passed by school buses (in the rain in Missouri).
8. 65 is fast enough (in a tall 24' RV - esp if there's wind).
7. Wash your windshield EVERY morning (and when you get fuel - esp. in the scenic areas).
6. It never hurts to have your freshwater tank at least half full. You never know when you might be parking in a WalMart parking lot.
5. Americans are friendly people (for the most part).
… I'll fill in the rest as I move along… : )