Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Colorado River

I woke up this morning with that feeling of "Where am I?" and I looked out the window and saw these beautiful red cliffs surrounding me.  Oh yeah, the Colorado River park… Not bad!

I took Theo out for his morning walk and admired an eagle slowly circling over us.  Then T went down to give the Colorado a taste…

This first part of the trip has been a bit hectic, I'm hoping once I have a few days in one place, like at the Grand Canyon, then I can relax and paint some more.  I thought I had planned a leisurely pace - no more than 300 miles a day… but I need days off in between to unwind and create.  Luckily the trip back is not planned yet, so I will build in more time then… and the West coast has several breaks with friends and family.

Onward!


No comments: