Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Painting 1! Jordan Lake, NC

OK, I said I'd work to do a "painting - a - day" on this cross-country trip, but I didn't promise to post to the blog - a - day.  Good thing too because I couldn't!  No internet reception in the second two campgrounds - in WV I was in the mountains and in Kentucky I was too remote I suppose.

So today I have a day off the road to get caught up.  I'm in Indiana… but let's start from the beginning…

I left home on Saturday May 2, delivered a large marsh painting to Cary and then camped at the Poplar Point campground on Jordan Lake.  I got a nice quiet private site in the woods.  Here is mz mac on her first night:


That first night was just a day before the full moon.  Here's how it looked from my campsite just before bed…



Theo and I got out for an early morning walk, and painting 1 is from that walk.  Its an 8 x 10 acrylics on Aquabord (yes, that's the way Ampersand spells Aquabord)...


I'm experimenting with how to set up the studio in Mac.  Most of the time I hope to be painting outside, but sometimes ya just can't.  Here's how I did it for this painting:


No comments: