Monday, August 31, 2015

Transitions..and water.

Things are starting to Flow… thank goodness.

I've gotten going in the studio - several days last week and then today's lovely soft rains, the remnants of hurricane Erika, nourished my yard and garden and helped the paint flow too!  Worked most of the day on a variety of things, nothing to show yet, but here's my palette!  Feels good.



My mom and I went to the Water Ministry service on Sunday.  It was wonderful.  Many people brought samples of water from moving moments they've had throughout the summer.  I was so happy to join in with my water samples from the latter part of the trip.  The waters are kept in a jar and used throughout the year - for example, when someone is in the hospital a splash of the water goes in the vase with the flowers.  Quite nice.  I narrowed down my samples...


… and saved a sample of water from each place to use, somehow, in my show next May.  

I also re-connected with some friends.  Went to Beaufort on Friday to visit with the local crew for a glass of wine.  It was so beautiful at sunset, and it was high tide, so I couldn't resist jumping overboard!  See?  the water is just calling to me right now!  Has through the entire trip…

Afterwards I went to dinner and enjoyed the view of Taylor's Creek at night.  Here was the dock with a couple boats tied up.  A little dark, but nice colors.



On a more mundane note, but something of which I'm quite proud, on Saturday I replaced my kitchen faucet!  Hey, its not entirely obvious!  So nice to be rid of my old leaky one.  Ya know, you use your faucet every day.  It should bring pleasure, not irritation.   Let the water flow...


Of course, don't you hate it when the entire thing is installed and THEN you see a gasket in the box?  Of course, they include an extra one in case one is lost, right?  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Going with the flow...

No comments: