Friday, September 4, 2015

Soul of a Woman...Latest WIPs

The organizer of the Soul of a Woman show at the Carolina Artist Gallery in Morehead called me to  see if I was entering the show.  I wasn't planning to, have too much on my plate right now, but when she called I looked at the painting I had just finished and decided to enter it… I called it "Wandering Soul."  The show opens with a reception from 5 - 7pm Saturday September 19th.  (I'll be at the CenterFest show in Durham that week-end so will miss the opening, but plan to get by to see the show later).

Wandering Soul, 3' x 4' Acrylics on Canvas

Then I went to a figure drawing session at the Beaufort Art Market (my first time there - that was pretty cool) and got jazzed painting the figure.  When I got home, I got out a 3 x 4 ' canvas and started playing around.  Here's the Work in Progress (WIP) - Fun!




Sooooo good to be back to work in the studio.  I need that!  Also getting going on a couple commissions, and some large watercolors on the "flow" theme…stay tuned.

No comments: