Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Transitions...

I have to admit that its been a bit of a struggle to transition back to "home."  I forgot how much work a house and yard are!  My goodness, perhaps I am part irresponsible gypsy.  ; )

Anyhow,  we're getting there.  I've spent several days organizing and cleaning and unpacking and also mulling over the next batch of paintings.  Sometimes doing those yard and house chores let the "backwaters" of your mind sift out what to do next creatively.

There are also some lovely aspects to being home on the river - as I've mentioned, the shrimp and the beautiful light.  I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of cooler weather to plant a fall garden, but in the meantime I'm enjoying my HUGE crop of Swallowtail butterfly caterpillars on the fennel.  They are chomping away and still the butterflies are coming and laying eggs.  Hope to have more plants  like milkweeds for the Monarch butterflies next year too.

Five large Swallowtail cats on one fennel plant!

We are also starting to get some of those lovely sunrises that one gets in the fall.  Worth getting up early.




It got warm and muggy again today… so glad when another storm front came through this afternoon… still teasing us with the hint of rain, but only nice clouds so far… would love to have a rollicking good thunderstorm.

This afternoon's front at Crosswinds

I did at least get the studio area set up today and got all the paints out and organized.  Even did a couple "play" paintings with watercolor.  Hey, its a start… gotta ease into it sometimes.

No comments: