Saturday, August 22, 2015

Flow at home...

Its good to be back.  Fabulous trip, ready for another one!  But good to be home too.

My little house feels HUGE!  Funny how living in the tiny space of an RV for four months changes one's perspective.


I was talking to my brother, a professional photographer, about the "flow" idea I've had from the trip.  Turns out that's something that he has thought about, independently from me, for quite awhile.  He shared this website about a psychologist, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi who has studied "flow" in the sense of that creative flow you get when you are "in the zone."  Very interesting.   I'm looking forward to delving into this idea.


In the meantime, let me fill you in on the last day of the trip.  Theo and I camped at Jordan Lake, in the Poplar Point campground.  As usual, we were pleased that it was mostly empty during the middle of the week.  The spots with electricity up by the lake were still packed, so we picked out a quiet loop by a little pond we like…



Little pond at Poplar Point campground

Theo likes empty campgrounds too…

And Theo got his moment of Zen in the warm waters… quite a switch from the crystal clear cold waters he's been in lately.



The next morning we got out for our walk…it was a warm overcast day after a rainy night.  I was feeling a bit nostalgic and reflecting on the trip…I looked up and a large beautiful eagle flew over me, circled once and landed in a tree.  It was so wonderful.   Eagles have shown up periodically throughout the trip, they symbolize the freedom of the journey to me.  What a pleasure to see one on the last day.  

Theo and I continued our walk towards the tree in which he had landed.  He didn't fly off as I'd expected.  We got a good look at him.  Of course, I couldn't get a good photo with the cell phone, but here ya go:


Eagle at Jordan lake...

We watched him a long time, surprised he didn't leave… then as I was walking back I saw why - a big dead fish had washed up on shore and he was waiting for us to move on before having his breakfast!  Oh well.


We retraced our steps.




I asked T if he was ready to head home and he agreed, so we set off.  He kept looking at me, as if to say, "Wait, you didn't say anything about having to DRIVE there."  Think he was ready to take a break from driving.  He got tired while "giving me the look" so he had to rest his head on the passenger seat… Such a nut.




But we made it home, as you know.  He's luxuriating in the space and stillness (the house does not move, unlike the van).



T at home with toys.

Yesterday a storm came through and the light here was wonderful.  I do love it here.  Looking forward to our beautiful fall weather.

Storm front moving through Crosswinds...

And afterward - 


OK.  I'll take that as a nice welcome home.

So we're taking the week-end to get un-packed, cleaned up, organized, attacking the yard work and basically re-claiming our space.  Then next week its time to dive into the studio and see what comes flowing out of all of this…I'm curious to see.  I'm trying not to have a pre-conceived notion, but just go with the flow and see what happens.

No comments: