Sunday, June 28, 2015

Relaxation - its a good thing!

We all kind of chilled out yesterday.  It was warm by Washington standards but they got nothing on Carolina.  Anyhow, it was nice.  This morning I admired the stones/pebbles/rocks by Robin's cellar door.



Michel apologized through the kitchen window for making noise with the blender - I told him he need not apologize to me for making noise to make me lunch!  He said, "Well I am just making the mint pesto to go with the lamb chops."

A French chef making me lamb chops for lunch, his daughter heading to the garden to pick the lettuce we will have with it, the sound of a cork being popped from the bottle of red wine, pebble discussions, Theo asleep by my side - stretched out relaxed sleep - and a cool breeze in the shade on the deck.  Yeah, I'd say life is pretty good right now.  ; )

Hard to tear myself away to go to Crescent Lake Sunday… but it sounds wonderful too!  Here's a description from their website:


"Lake Crescent, a cold, clear, glacially-carved lake, owes its existence to ice. Its azure depths, which plummet to 624feet, were gouged by huge ice sheets thousands of years ago. As the ice retreated, it left behind a steep valley that filled with the clear blue waters of Lake Crescent.  The lake's waters have very little nitrogen. This limits the growth of phytoplankton, tiny plants (like algae) that float in lake waters.   Without them, the water stays clear.  In some places you might see as far  down as 60 feet. Clarity and reflecting light give Lake Crescent its stunning blue-green color. Its protected waters are home to fish like the Beardslee and Crescenti trout, two  types of fish found nowhere else in the world."

From there we will go on to the Pacific coast for a few days… might not have Internet for a couple days, but will bring a full report upon my return!


No comments: