Sunday, June 21, 2015

More on Beacon Rock...

Ok, as promised, here's more info on the Columbia River Gorge.  I'm in Seattle now, and finally got the WiFi password figured out, so here's what I wanted to post yesterday…  Here's another view of the gorge from the top of Beacon Rock - looking in the other direction:


After climbing Beacon Rock, Theo needed his "moment of Zen" so we got down to the Columbia River to wade and see the Rock from below.  ahhhhh…




Then Carolyn and I checked out the campground there and found a cool overlook of Beacon Rock.  Nobody there!


Anyhow, after seeing the Beacon Rock area, I decided to move over to that area campground…  Here's the spot I got the second night - next to a BIG tree.


It was such a nice spot, that I decided to spend an extra day and paint a bit.  Did get about four or five hours of painting in. Here was the rock on the next morning.  Amazing to watch the light change on it from hour to hour.


 I got a short interruption from my painting by a group of Koreans who stopped by and asked if they could see the inside of Mac - Sure!  They ALL piled in.  Too funny… they oohed and ahhh'ed at at the bells and whistles…



Here's a shot of my "studio set up" there at the picnic table...



No comments: