Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Painting-A-Day Road Trip! Woo too!

I've been dreaming of a Cross-Country road trip for a long time.  Now that fuel prices are down and I have a window of open time, I'm gonna go for it.  I started making plans and talking with friends and family about where to go… 

I was trying to figure out an art component to the trip and was toying with the idea of a "Painting-A-Day" which some artists do to get a series going.  It seemed a bit of a challenge to commit to that… then I contacted the director of the Craven County Arts Council and she nudged me to commit by agreeing to a show of the resulting paintings a year from the start of my trip - next May-June (2016) at the Bank of the Arts.  OK!  Now I'm committed and I'm all jazzed and full of ideas.

This is going to be a blast… Stay tuned…

Sal and Theo and Mz. Mary MAC (Mobile Art Condo)

But in the meantime, I need to focus and prepare for my upcoming show in Tallahassee Florida April 18-19, the Chain of Parks Art Festival!  That's going to be loads of fun.  Looking forward to it!

No comments: