Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"Under Wraps"

I finished the 6' x 6' commission.  The couple that commissioned the painting stopped by and love it!  Phew!  Its always a relief when that happens.  I asked them if I could post the photo below of the painting in process and they agreed.  This was a fun challenge - they wanted the double portrait, but wanted it abstracted so it wasn't so "in your face."  They have a beautiful new waterfront home in Florida, and these colors will brighten their walls.

I took the painting into the UPS Store yesterday to ship... did I detect a slight groan when I walked in the door?  I have shipped several times with them in the past though, and they've done a good job.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this one gets to Florida safely.

Now, on to the next project!  A 4' x 5' double commission.  Almost seems small!  ; )


No comments: