Saturday, March 14, 2009

Next BIG thing


Haven't been able to paint for a week as I've dealt with "other stuff" so I'm raring to get back in the studio. Although I haven't had brush to canvas, I have been mulling the idea for my next painting for some time, and have been working on several collages in Photoshop to try to get the composition roughly worked out. I decided I want to go REALLY big. Last week I ordered nine 3' x 3' canvases. I'm thinking of putting them together to make a 6 foot by 9 foot painting.

One idea I'm thinking of for this big painting is a collage of my run with my dog Theo out in the Croatan National Forest. We go at least 3 times a week. Could be interesting to try to capture the different views of the woods, the passage of time as we run through them, sense of motion and the variations in color/light as we go over different days. Sounds like a tall order! I've been thinking about it alot, but now I'm ready to hit the canvas and just see where it goes. I'll keep you posted on the progress...

One of the things I hope the large size will do is help the viewer feel like they are there in the woods with us...

No comments: